Interfaith Works Emergency Overnight Shelter
701 Franklin St SE
Olympia, WA 98501
(Entrance is under the stairs.)
If we do not answer the phone, please leave a message anytime and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
What to Expect as a Guest
Our shelter is different from a lot of shelters. We accept everyone as you are and we do whatever we can to not kick people out.
Sometimes it’s quiet, sometimes it’s loud, sometimes people are under the influence or having mental health crises, sometimes we do things that guests don’t agree with and we always try to listen and learn from our mistakes.
We believe that everyone deserves second, third, fourth, tenth chances and try to accommodate and welcome every person who comes through our doors regardless of their circumstance.
Missing a Night?
Tell us if you're going to be late.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO STAYS AT THE SHELTER?
We prioritize sheltering people who are over 50, and have difficulty accessing other services because of age, physical health, physical disability, mental health and substance use challenges.
HOW DO I GET AN ASSIGNED BED?
- We assign beds based on need according to the vulnerability assessment. The assessment is a 15 minute interview that asks questions about your history of homelessness, medical needs, social behaviors, and substance use.
- We use the assessment so we can be as objective and fair in assigning our shelter beds according to highest need.
- If more than one person has the same assessment outcome, we use a lottery system to assign the bed.
- We also take into consideration current crises or high risk medical emergencies.
HOW often do beds open up?
- We have an open ended length of stay policy, which means that our beds only open when guests move into housing or leave the shelter for other reasons.
- On average, a bed opens up about once a month.
How do i get on the waitlist?
- We ask that you have completed a Vulnerability Assessment through the coordinated entry system with Community Action Council prior to requesting an assigned bed. You can complete the assessment by calling the Coordinated Entry Hotline at 1.844.628.7343. You can request being put on our waitlist for an assigned bed through our Operations Manager by emailing or calling email@example.com / 360.884.3854
HOW LONG IS THE WAITLIST?
The length of the wait list varies depending on need, availability, and season.
Where am I on the waitlist?
When your name comes up on the wait list you will be contacted by an on-site manager. Because our beds become available on an inconsistent basis, we cannot give you a clear placement or timeline for when your name will come up on the wait list.