161 Pattison St NE
Olympia WA 98506
The Interfaith Works Shelter is on the 1st Floor
Unity Commons Permanent Supportive Housing is on floors 2-5
Shelter Front Desk
If we do not answer the phone, please leave a message anytime and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
What to Expect as an Interfaith Works Shelter Guest at Unity Commons
Our shelter is different from a lot of shelters. We accept everyone as you are and we do whatever we can to not kick people out.
Sometimes it’s quiet, sometimes it’s loud, sometimes people are under the influence or having mental health crises, sometimes we do things that guests don’t agree with and we always try to listen and learn from our mistakes.
We believe that everyone deserves second, third, fourth, tenth chances and we try to accommodate and welcome every person who comes through our doors regardless of their circumstance.
Missing a Night in the Shelter?
Please use this form to tell us if you're going to be late or miss a night at the UC Shelter.
Are you a Unity Commons Resident living in the Permanent Supportive Housing?
Please check out this Digital Bulletin Board for upcoming events, important information, and links to community resources!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHO STAYS AT THE SHELTER?
We prioritize sheltering people who are over 50 and have difficulty accessing other services because of age, physical health, physical disability, mental health and substance use challenges.
HOW DO I GET AN ASSIGNED BED?
- All beds at our shelter are assigned through Thurston County's coordinated entry system. If you are interested in getting a bed at our shelter, you need to be enrolled through coordinated entry. You can call the coordinated entry hotline at 1-844-628-7343 to enroll or make sure you're on our waitlist.
- Once you are in the coordinated entry system, you will be assigned a bed based on your vulnerability assessment.
- Please keep a working phone number or email on file with coordinated entry so we can easily get ahold of you. If you need to update your contact information, you can call the coordinated entry hotline to let them know you have a new number or point of contact.
HOW often do beds open up?
- We have no required length of stay, which means that our beds only open when guests move into housing or leave the shelter for other reasons.
- On average, a bed opens up about once a month.
How do i get on the waitlist?
- Getting placed on the waitlist for shelter at Unity Commons happens through the Coordinated Entry System. You can complete the assessment and be placed on this waitlist by calling the Coordinated Entry Hotline at 1.844.628.7343. If you've already done an assessment with Coordinated Entry and are looking to be placed on the waitlist for shelter at Unity Commons, please call Coordinated Entry and update your current information.
HOW LONG IS THE WAITLIST?
The length of the wait list varies depending on need, availability, and season.
Where am I on the waitlist?
Because our beds become available on an inconsistent basis, we cannot give you a clear placement or timeline for when your name will come up on the wait list. When your name comes up on our waitlist, you will be contacted by a shelter manager. Please make sure you have a current phone number or email with coordinated entry or are active with a local case manager so we can easily get ahold of you.